The Finding Rainbows project, sponsored by Rainbow Resource Centre, is funded in part by New Horizons for Seniors Program.
Recognizing the Senior LGBT2SQ+ community is heavily underserved, and lacks programming to address specific needs, the project will offer a space that allows community members to connect, share their experiences, and express their needs. The project is organized and led by LGBT2SQ+ adults who are 55 and older.
The project will provide a forum to:
- Address issues specific to the LGBT2SQ+ aging process
- Address Social Isolation and Community Engagement in the LGBT2SQ+ Community of Manitoba
- A needs assessment related to LGBT2SQ+ aging, the results of which will be used to identify conference topics.
Finding Rainbows Summit
Needs Assessment Survey
Please let us know your needs and concerns regarding LGBT2SQ+ seniors by completing our Needs Assessment Survey. This survey is the first phase of the Finding Rainbows project and looks at the needs of LGBT2SQ+ seniors in Manitoba. Your input is very valuable and will aid the team in building relevant content. The survey is confidential.
- Dr. Kathy Jones, Chair
- Vic Hooper, Marketing & Communications
- Roberta Bishop, Project Coordinator, Rainbow Resource Centre
- Connie Newman, ED, Manitoba Association of Senior Centres
- Madeline Kohut, Community Development and Seniors Specialist, Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
- Kathy Henderson, Support Services to Seniors Facilitator, Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
- Ruth Carol Feldman, Logistics
- Frances Ennis, Winnipeg Transgender Support Group
Email us at email@example.com.