Finding Rainbows Summit
The Finding Rainbows Summit was held on Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at Canada Inns Destination Centre Polo Park.
Downloads of information and resources from the Finding Rainbows Summit will be uploaded to this webpage soon -- please check back here for these resources.
Finding Rainbows Project
The Finding Rainbows project, sponsored by Rainbow Resource Centre, is funded in part by New Horizons for Seniors Program.
Recognizing the Senior LGBT2SQ+ community is heavily underserved, and lacks programming to address specific needs, the project will offer a space that allows community members to connect, share their experiences, and express their needs. The project is organized and led by LGBT2SQ+ adults who are 55 and older.
The project will provide a forum to:
- Address issues specific to the LGBT2SQ+ aging process
- Address Social Isolation and Community Engagement in the LGBT2SQ+ Community of Manitoba
- A needs assessment related to LGBT2SQ+ aging, the results of which will be used to identify conference topics.
Needs Assessment Survey
Please let us know your needs and concerns regarding LGBT2SQ+ seniors by completing our Needs Assessment Survey. This survey is the first phase of the Finding Rainbows project and looks at the needs of LGBT2SQ+ seniors in Manitoba. Your input is very valuable and will aid the team in building relevant content. The survey is confidential.
- Dr. Kathy Jones, Chair
- Roberta Bishop, Project Coordinator, Rainbow Resource Centre
- Ron Krug, Registration
- Vic Hooper, Marketing & Communications
- Connie Newman, ED, Manitoba Association of Senior Centres
- Madeline Kohut, Community Development and Seniors Specialist, Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
- Kathy Henderson, Support Services to Seniors Facilitator, Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
- Ruth Carol Feldman, Logistics
- Frances Ennis, Winnipeg Transgender Support Group
- Susan Ennis, Member at Large
Email us at email@example.com.