Finding Rainbows Summit
- Tuesday, November 7, 2017
- 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Canad Inns Destination Centre Polo Park
- 1405 St Matthews Avenue, Winnipeg
Keynote Speaker: BILL RICHARDSON
Author and Broadcaster
Bill Richardson was born in 1955 in Winnipeg, Manitoba. He received his BA from the University of Winnipeg and his Master of Library Sciences from the University of British Columbia. Richardson worked as a children's librarian before joining CBC Radio, where he has hosted many shows, including: regular contributor and guest host on Vicki Gabereau's show, host of As You Like It, Richardson's Roundup and Canada Reads. Books include: Queen of all the dustballs: and other epics of everyday life, Bachelor Brothers' Bed and Breakfast, Old Father William's Well-Ordered Universe and many others.
Sessions, Workshops, Resources & Networking
The Finding Rainbows Summit committee is working on providing sessions, workshops, resources and networking opportunities to address issues specific to the LGBT2SQ+ aging process including:
- Community Health Services
- Housing Options
- Personal Safety
- Accessible and Gender Inclusive Facilities
- Social Isolation and Community Engagement in the LGBT2SQ+ Community of Manitoba
Wheelchair-accessible, gender-neutral washrooms.